Allegations of not receiving cash under the Annapurna Yojana have recently sparked protests in several districts of the state. No qualified candidate will be disqualified; in fact, money totaling about ₹1.45 crore is being distributed appropriately. While promising that no “eligible” person will be denied, the Chief Minister has accused the Trinamool of deceiving the public.

Suvendu Adhikari. — File photo.
Suvendu Adhikari’s announcement
The Annapurna Yojana monies will not be denied to any “eligible” woman. Suvendu Adhikari, the chief minister, reaffirmed this on Saturday. He also made it apparent to both the opposition and detractors that using “intimidation and bluster” would not be effective.
According to Suvendu, 14.5 million women in the state benefited from the Annapurna Yojana in August. He promised that any additional two to three million legitimate claimants would likewise receive the payment. He also said that on September 17, the state would celebrate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday by holding “Annapurna Diwas.”
Women in a number of places protested after receiving complaints about not being paid under the Annapurna Yojana. There’s excellent news for them now: Suvendu Sarkar has fulfilled his commitment. Applications that were previously listed as “under process” are now being accepted, and their accounts are being credited with ₹3,000.
Although the funds were supposed to be available until the 20th, qualifying candidates are still receiving the award as of today, the 22nd. Government representatives have advised patience and consistently indicated that the procedure will take some time due to the enormous volume of applications. According to Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari, the verification procedure will go on until the end of this month and beyond. The money under the Annapurna initiative will be given to qualified women during the second week of each month.
Although the procedure may take some time, the Chief Minister and other high-ranking government officials have consistently said that no qualified candidate will be excluded and that money is being distributed appropriately. This suggests that payments may continue after the 20th; the procedure does not end on that day alone. In addition, many applications are moving from “under process” to “approved,” and money is coming in.

Eligible applicants are receiving grants today, the 22nd, as well.
A response to the Chief Minister’s critics
In response to the Chief Minister’s criticism of the Annapurna Yojana, he pointed out that certain individuals on social media were making “grand statements.” Seeing this, he counseled common ladies not to be “disturbed.” Suvendu reminded everyone of the track record of the previous administration, asking, “How long did it take only to provide ₹500 in 2021? In 2024, two months prior to the Lok Sabha elections, it increased to ₹1,000. Three months prior to the Assembly elections, it increased to ₹1,500.
16.6 million of the 18 million applications that have been submitted thus far have been validated. 14.5 million women’s bank accounts have begun to receive funds totaling ₹3,000. For the remaining 1.4 million applicants who submitted their applications between July 10 and July 31, the verification process is presently under progress. Despite Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari’s statement, numerous eligible citizens expressed dissatisfaction about not receiving the funds. These complaints are currently being addressed by the administration.
He claims that BJP employees and sympathizers were purposefully deprived during the previous government’s term. He goes on to say that women were also denied benefits in areas where the BJP won in 2019. In this regard, the Chief Minister has pledged that the current government will give preference to both those who are financially disadvantaged and those who were denied opportunities under the previous administration due to their affiliation with the BJP. “Gathering 20, 25, or 50 people and delivering lectures before the media… Suvendu Adhikari is not the sort of person to bow down,” he said in reference to recent protests.
One of the main promises made by the BJP during the most recent election campaign was the “Annapurna Yojana.” This program promised women a monthly payment of ₹3,000. Suvendu’s government has implemented the allowance as promised. However, a portion of the population has been resentful after the government released a set of qualifying requirements that will determine who will receive the benefit and who won’t. In light of this, the Chief Minister’s message to the state’s women is regarded as important. The Chief Minister further underlined that voters chose the BJP for all-encompassing growth in all areas rather than just the allowance.